2022 Scholarship Recipients:
- $1,000 to Anna Metcalf – Alvin High School
- $1,000 to Ezekiel Flores – Alvin High School
- $1,000 to Marcus Wilson – Alvin High School
- $1,000 to Mary Batty – Alvin High School
- $1,000 to Amelie Satterwhite – Manvel High School
- $1,000 to Eric Charles – Glenda Dawson High School
- $1,000 to Michael A. Thiel II – Texas A&M University
2023 Program Overview
Each year, Chocolate Bayou Credit Union provides up to $5,000 in scholarships to deserving members of the Credit Union.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for consideration, applicants must:
- be a current member in good standing (or have a parent who is a member in good standing)
- plan to attend an accredited college or university during the 2023-2024 school year
- not be a recipient of a prior scholarship from the Credit Union
Non-member submissions will not be considered.
How do I apply?
You will need to submit the following items to Chocolate Bayou Credit Union to be eligible for the scholarship.
Download the 2023 Scholarship Application Here (deadline for applications is March 3, 2023).
- Scholarship Application
- 250-500-word essay explaining why you should receive the scholarship and where you see yourself in 10 years
- FASFA Student Aid Report with EFC (expected family contribution)
- Current, sealed official transcript from high school or college institution which you are currently enrolled
How to submit your application packet:
- Organize your packet in the following order:
1. Scholarship application
3. FASFA Student Aid Report
4. Current, sealed official transcript
- Seal scholarship application packet in an 8.5 x 11 envelope
- Drop off your packet and any Chocolate Bayou Credit Union Branch or Mail your application to:
Chocolate Bayou Credit Union
ATTN: Scholarship Committee
P.O. Box 1694, Alvin, TX 77512
Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo Scholarship:
For information on how to apply for the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo Scholarship, please visit: https://www.rodeohouston.com/Educational-Support/Scholars/Apply